Actress Jameela Jamil Personal Life, Sexuality, Family & Facts
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1986|
|Age||35 Years 0 Month(s)|
|Boyfriend/Dating||James Blake (Partner)|
|Net Worth||Not Disclosed|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in (179 cm)|
|Parents||Shireen Jamil (Mother)|
|Siblings||Adnandus Dyzantae (Brother)|
Jameela Jamil is a TV/radio presenter notable for hosting the BBC Radio 1's show, The Radio 1 Request Show with Jameela Jamil.
Also, she has hosted for T4, in which she interviewed many famous singers and musicians. She is also known as a journalist for Cosmopolitan Magazine and Huffington Post.
Besides her job as a presenter, Jameela is recognized as an actress as well. She has been featured in NBC's comedy series The Good Place (2016) as Tahani. Also, she has modeled for Vogue and InStyle Magazine.
Personal Life: Boyfriend
Jameela has been indulged in a romantic relationship with the King’s Dead singer, James Blake, since 2015.
Another TV Presenter: Angela Rippon Partner, Young, Married - More Facts About English TV Presenter
The duo kept their dating status lowkey until Jameela revealed it via a picture of the two on 31st December 2015- which marked the first dating anniversary of the two.
Jameela Jamil and boyfriend James Blake at Grammy on 27th January 2020 (Photo: Jameela Jamil's Instagram)
Similarly, the couple has been supportive of each other’s career. Only in 2019, James credited Jameela for inspiring him to create his album, Assume Form. Also, in February 2019, Jameela was seen backstage supporting James before his performance on the Grammy.
Who Is James Blake?
Jameela’s boyfriend, James is a pop singer and a songwriter. He is best known for his songs King’s Dead, Don’t Miss It and more. He debuted in 2009 by launching the song called Air & Lack Thereof.
Also, James was nominated for Best New Artist at the 56th Grammy Awards.
Previously, James dated the guitarist, Theresa Wayman. Theresa was the band member of the indie rock band, Warpaint, from 2004 to 2008.
The TV presenter came out as a queer in February 2020 by posting a three-page long statement on her Twitter.
Regarding her sexual orientation, Jameela confessed that she didn't want to come out through social media, but had to do so as her family was not open-minded and didn't approve of her sexuality.
Bio: Age, Family, And Education
Jameela stands at a height extending 5 feet and 10 inches (1.8m).
She was born on 25th February 1986 in England. The actress was a young kid when her parents divorced. Subsequently, she was raised in Hampstead, England along with her brother Adnandus by her mother.
She was born to an Indian father and a Pakistani mother, Shireen. Jameela’s mother is a domestic-violence activist.
Pursuing her education, Jamila got a scholarship and attended Queen’s College in London’s Harley Street.
Interesting Facts About Her:
- Jamila’s birth sign is Pisces.
- She was born with congenital hearing loss and labyrinthitis.
- While Jameela was at Queen’s College in London’s Harley Street, she was bullied as she didn't do drugs and didn't smoke.
- The TV actress met up with a car crash at the age of 17. Due to that incident, she had to be paralyzed for a year as her sacroiliac joint was damaged for which she needed to have steroid injections in her spine. But, she battled the phase like a warrior.
- Back in October 2014, the large lump appeared in Jameela's breast, which made her scare as if it was the stage of breast cancer. Jameela panicked as three women had died in her family due to breast cancer. But, the doctor removed the cyst after six weeks from her breast, so her condition is stable now.
- Before working as a TV host, she was an English teacher in London, UK.