Larissa Wohl Wiki: Age, Birthday, Family & Dating Status
The presenter of Hallmark Channel's show Home and Family, Larissa Wohl, has also been an advocate against animal brutality.
For motivating and encouraging people to foster dozens of animals via her show, she has been nominated for the Emmy Award three times.
Prior to working at Hallmark, Larissa served at various networks as a reporter, including NBC, ABC, and Fox 5.
Moreover, the TV personality is also known for working on Dancing with the Stars (2005) as a production team member.
Revealed Boyfriend A Decade Ago; Still Dating?
Larissa first mentioned dating a boyfriend via tweet in 2009.
However, it took nearly a year for her to reveal her boyfriend's name as Alec Shankman, which she did through a Twitter post on 4 August 2010.
Larissa Wohl and Alec Shankman on 20 May 2012 (Photo: Larissa Wohl's Instagram)
The couple was actively dating until July 2013. However, after the date, Larissa and her boyfriend have kept their relationship low-key.
Wiki: Age, Birthday, Family & Education
Larissa, who holds an American nationality, was born on 17 July in Calabasas, California.
She was raised by her English mother, Elizabeth Wohl, and father, Alan. Larissa’s mother- who passed away in 2006- worked for an organization named Ovarian Cancer Coalition. Elizabeth even inspired Larissa to love animals and encouraged her to adopt from shelters instead of buying.
Know About NBC's Lisa Breckenridge Life: Her Bio, Personal Life, Children Details Uncovered
While growing up, Larissa attended Calabasas High School. Later, she enrolled at the San Francisco State University. During her days at the university, she learned more about animal-welfare issues.
After graduating from college, Larissa began working as a morning traffic anchor and live field reporter for Hallmark in Tucson, Arizona. While she was working for the channel, she became a go-to reporter and covered numerous stories, including entertainment and community events.
Later, she joined the ABC affiliate's Bakersfield, California studio to anchor and produce.
Meet Another Journalist: Madison Gesiotto [Nick Bosa's Rumored Girlfriend] Dating Status, Family
Soon after that, Larissa moved to Fox 5 in San Diego, California- where she worked as a freelance reporter and weather anchor. Also, she hosted and produced the Scripps’s produced show, The List.
Eventually, she produced Home and Family, which is broadcasted on Hallmark Channel.
Quick Facts About Larissa Wohl
- She is an advocate for Adoption Ever After.
- She gave shelter to four foster-failure dogs, among which one is adopted by her father and stepmom. Initially, she adopted a dog named Cookie from Bakersfield’s Kern County Animal Care and Control in Central California. And, the other three: Muppet, Maple and Piggly, were rescued from either Hand in Paw Rescue or Saving K9 Lives Plus Rescue.
- The most rewarding and memorable moment for Larissa was when her show- Home & Family- disclosed all her works with Adoption Ever After. Until January 2018, she was able to provide a home for over 700 animals.
- Larissa is addicted to Burts Bees Chapstick. She even sleeps with one chapstick under her pillow.
- The animal rescuer’s favorite vacation destination is Maui, Hawaii.
- Larissa prefers wearing clothes that are affordable, so she has no favorite designers. But, clothing wise, she likes Alice & Olivia, Joie, Paige Jeans, Parker, and more.