Martin Bashir Married Life, Children, Net Worth & Bio
Martin Bashir is a celebrated journalist, working as the religion editor for BBC.
He gained fame after interviewing the late Princess Diana in November 1995 on BBC. Also, Martin’s name was highlighted when he covered a documentary video of the late pop king Michael Jackson titled Living With Michael Jackson on the ITV channel in 2003.
For his contributions in the journalism field, Martin has been honored with various awards, including BAFTA, Royal Television Society Awards, and Broadcasting Press Guild Awards.
Apart from reporting and covering the news, Martin has also established himself as a musician. He released his reggae album, Bass Lion, in 2010.
Personal Life: Wife And Children
The journalist has been married to a woman named Deborah, who is a nurse, since 1986.
The couple parents three children in their family: two daughters named Phoebe and Eliza, and a son called Samuel.
Martin first worked for a newspaper and broadcasters as a news and sports reporter. Then, in 1986, he joined BBC and covered some programs, including Songs of Praise, Panorama, and Princess of Wales.
Next Journalist: Michael Wilbon [ESPN] Bio: Age, Wife, Married, Family, Net Worth
Later, he moved to ITV and reported exclusive documentary news and Tonight with Trevor McDonald.
Similarly, in 2005, Martin got an opportunity to work for ABC News and co-hosted a show called Nightline. But, he got suspended from the company in 2008 after he made a racial comment at an Asian American Journalist Convention.
Martin Bashir interviews Justin Welby on 23rd March 2017 (Photo: Martin Bashir's Twitter)
In 2010, Martin was again recruited by MSNBC. Yet, he resigned after he criticized the Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin as a world-class idiot and America’s resident dunce in November 2013.
However, Martin returned in 2016 to BBC as a religion editor.
Bio: Height, Age, Family And Education
Martin stands at a height measuring 5 feet and 6 inches (1.68 m). He was born on 19th January 1963 in London, England, United Kingdom, to Pakistani immigrant parents.
Martin’s father served with the Royal Navy after migrating to Britain in 1951. Martin is not the only child of his parents; he has three siblings.
Also A Correspondent: Alicia Atout Married Status Now, Dating, Height & More
He attended King Alfred's College of Higher Education in Winchester. Later, he went to King's College in London.
Quick Facts About Martin Bashir
- Martin's birth sign is Capricorn.
- His brother named Tommy was born with muscular dystrophy. But, he lost his life at the age of 29.
- Martin converted his religion into Christianity at the age of 18.
- In 1996, Martin was named the Royal Television Society's Journalist of the Year.
- As per the news published by The Guardian in February 2003, after the sale of the interview video with Michael Jackson, Martin alone was assumed to be earning £264,000. Also, there was news that Martin’s bosses at the Granada sold the footage to ABC in America for $7.1 million (£4.5 million).
- Back in 2008, the journalist was knocked down on the set of his Nightline show for ABC News in America. Within time, he was rushed to a hospital for a scan and it was discovered that he was in the early stage of a brain tumor.
- Martin has been awarded Royal Television Society Awards three times and Broadcasting Press Guild Awards two times.